Wax Flow Assurance Modeling
AsphWax Professional Course
- Learn briefly what equations of state (EOS) are and their underlying thermodynamics. This is intended to serve as continuation to the EOS Modeling course.
- Learn the concept of solution theory as it pertains to wax modeling.
- Learn the concepts of solubility parameter and molar volume and how to compute the same using different techniques.
- Learn how to apply solution theory to wax phase behavior modeling using a PARA EOS Fluid Characterization and AsphWax's WAXModelSM.
- Learn wax deposition theory and how to design oil and gas production facilities, but especially deep-water offshore systems with flow back wells, to insure flow assurance as it relates to system hydraulics, thermal performance, and wax deposition using AsphWax's Multiphase Wax Deposition Simulator-PIPEModelSM.
- Learn how to determine the lab wax deposition rate from lab tests and the field wax deposition rate via simulation. Use the results along with chemical testing results to determine the required pigging frequency and chemical requirements.
This is a four-day intensive advanced course that teaches how to simulate the wax phase behavior of reservoir hydrocarbons utilizing the most promising theories and technologies. The course includes intricate details of the most recent version of the WAXModelSM (Thermodynamic Model of Waxes), AsphWax's wax phase behavior simulator. Wax deposition modeling is also covered by the course, with special emphasis on the PIPEModelSM theory, AsphWax's compositional multiphase (gas-liquid-wax-water) wax deposition simulator. This course is a continuation of the courses Fluid Characterization for Flow Assurance and Equation of State Modeling, although it can be taken separately by engineers experienced in EOS modeling. The course manual is custom-designed to minimize or virtually eliminate note taking.
- Equations of State (EOS)-Brief Description
- Solubility Parameter and Molar Volume
- Wax Phase Behavior Model Theory (WAXModelSM)
- PARA EOS Fluid Characterization
- Wax Phase Behavior Simulations
- Wax Deposition Theory (PIPEModelSM)
- Wax Deposition Simulations
- Course Summary - Conclusions
Try us once and we will never give you a reason to leave us.
12976 Sugar Ridge Boulevard, Stafford, Texas 77477